Monday, April 13, 2009

Devils Playoffs.

I shall be attending Friday night's New Jersey Devils playoff Game 2. YAY!! And, I think we might be driving there instead of taking the train! Double yay!! I don't like the train; it smells funny, the bathrooms are un-use-able and Mexican ladies sleep in the seats next to you. So on Friday, I get to see my team play the Carolina Hurricanes.

Am I worried about the Devils playing the 'Canes? A little. I mean, a few months ago, I wouldn't have been worried. Martin Brodeur's back and that should mean that we'd be in the clear, but Scott Clemmensen was a savior. He made saves like you wouldn't believe and that's after we dragged him up from the minor leagues to save us when Marty went down. I'm not saying he was an invincible, undefeated superhero, but...

Uh, yeah.

Still, I was comfortable with Clemmers in net. I love Martin Brodeur like every other Devils fan does but sometimes, I get a little nervous.

I like the playoffs. I like the energy. I like saying 'Rock Your Red'; it's fun. I like watching other playoff games too. Speaking of, here are the other playoff matchups;

(1) Boston Bruins vs. (8) Montreal Canadiens.
[Okay, imagine a furry little bunny rabbit trying to fight a big, blood-thirsty yeti...]

(2) Washington Capitals vs. (7) New York Rangers.
[Imagine the greatest goal-scorer of all time shooting against an awful goalie.]


(3) New Jersey Devils vs. (6) Carolina Hurricanes.
[Imagine a scary matchup.]

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers.
[Imagine two teams that no one cares about.]

(1) San Jose Sharks vs. (8) Anaheim Ducks.
[Imagine that same blood-thirsty yeti, only now it's fighting an actual duck.]

(2) Detroit Redwings vs. (7) Columbus Blue Jackets.
[Imagine the Stanley Cup Champions playing one of the worst teams ever.]

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) St. Louis Blues.
[I'm too in shock over the fact that the Blues and the Jackets made the playoffs to imagine anything!]

(4) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (5) Calgary Flames.
[Imagine one of the hottest guys in the world playing Canada's 2nd worst team.]

So there you are, the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs. It's pretty much what you'd expect minus the feakin' Blue Jackets and the Blues.

Anyways, I really hope that the Devils make it past Round 1. I mean after last years awful defeat at the hands of the Gay-ngers, the term 'New Jersey Deviled' was created. (Why does everything I love get turned to a verb? You can get 'New Jersey Deviled' and 'Dixie Chicked'!) But besides the fact that Kevin Weekes is unavaible to us (not that it really matters. Sorry K-dog), we've got a pretty competent roster. Except for the fact that we haven't been playing Bobby Holik and Colin White, we've got some muscle in Mike Rupp and Bryce Salvador, we've got offense in (obviously) Zach Parise and Jamie Langenbrunner and we have defensive skill in Paul Martin and the new guy Niclas Havelid. And if MB30 would pull his head out of his ass, we'd have the best goal tender in the history of the world.

And so it begins on Wednesday the 15th. The quest for the Cup begins again. What are my goals for the Devils this playoff season? I've only got three;
1. Make it past the first round.
2. Jamie Langs scoring some goals.
3. Beating the pretty out of Eric Staal. (I do love him but I want to wipe that goal scoring smirk off of his hot little face.)

Rock Your Red.
It's playoff season.

No comments:

Post a Comment